Strategic UX designer, researcher, and client/product manager with domain expertise across a broad range of applications and platforms for finance and consumer markets.
- Experienced in all phases of client engagements: sales, account management, ideation, thought leadership, product design/UX, and agile development
- Broad range of knowledge of in digital products, design trends, user-centered design process, current technology standards for Internet, Mobile (RWD), Cloud-apps, and data analytics
- Expertise in several research methodologies including participatory design methods, analytics, interviews, ethnographic studies, user-initiated feedback tools, focus groups, usability, as well as quantitative methods
- Solid management capabilities with proven ability to lead large multifunctional teams and client relationships
- Excellent skills in oral, written, and visual communication for c-level executives
Work process has included the following deliverables & work methods:
sales & account management: client management, sales presentations, pricing, RFP, SOW/Contracts, technical due-diligence, general program management
market & customer research: stakeholder interviews, market analysis, competitive benchmarking, analytics, focus groups, user interviews (onsite and remote), usability, automated tools/A/B testing, quantitative surveys and customer personas
design & innovate: workshop moderation, collaborative concept development with multifunctional teams, story boards, sketches, wireframes, workflows, branding, visual design, and agile methods
strategy & execution: research findings, experience brief, personas, strategic product planning, vision & positioning, roadmaps, design comps, branding, and content strategy, and executive level presentations
Principal Experience Designer, UserStudio [2012-current]
Primary researcher and strategist engaged with companies large and small to define mobile and brand user experience.
VP Strategy, Thomson Reuters [8/2007 – 2012]
Created and managed a variety of strategic initiatives for search, data analytics, and Reuters news content. Responsibilities included defining research strategy, conducting market analysis, driving innovation, and delivering proof of concepts for customer validation.
Experience Director, HUGE Inc. [1/2005 – 7/2007]
Led large-scale site redesigns of leading online brands. Work involved managing client relationships, developing the User Experience strategy, and managing creative and technical teams. Clients include; Scholastic, TheStreet.com, Time Inc., This Old House, and JetBlue.
MA Modern Art & Connoisseurship, Christie’s Auction House, New York
BA Human Communication, University of California, Chico